Job Title: Resident and Family Support Worker
Job Opening ID: 21093
# Required: 1
Business Unit: Community Services
Division: Long Term Care Homes
Location: Northland Pointe
Standard Hours: 35.00 / week
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 13
Salary Range: $ 30.65 - $ 32.73
Post Date: 2018-10-10
Close Date: 2018-10-23
***ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED AT WWW.NIAGARAREGION.CA TO JOB ID 21093 BY MIDNIGHT ON OCTOBER 23***
Please note that this position is shared between two work locations - Northland Pointe and Linhaven. The incumbent will be expected to report to both work locations.
Approximate Duration: 12 to 18 months
This position functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Provides support services for residents and their families within the Long Term Care Home. Resident and Family Support Worker services may include the following: completing psychosocial assessments, planning appropriate service strategies, implementing these strategies, and evaluating their effectiveness. Resident and Family Support Worker service may be extended to clients of Supportive Housing and the Adult Day Program should a need be identified.
Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent combination of education (including Social Service Diploma), training, and experience; Must be registered as a member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
Knowledge and Experience
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Social Worker or Social Services Worker in a Long Term Care Home
• Experience and training in assessment and planning care for residents with Dementia
• Knowledge of gerontology
• Knowledge of resident safety issues and demonstrated capacity to apply resident safety practices
• Excellent theoretical knowledge and practiced skills in dementia care
• Systems approach to resident/family-centered care
• Demonstrated communication skills
• Proven ability to perform comprehensive psycho social assessment and establish rapport with target population
• A demonstrated ability in conflict resolution and crisis intervention
• Basic computer knowledge and skill e.g. Word, Outlook, PCC, and RAI-MDS
• Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
• Demonstrated enthusiasm, flexibility and ability to cope with change
• Demonstrated commitment to resident/family-centered care and compassion for the resident/family population being served.
In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
Currently scheduled 35 hours per week working Days/Evenings shifts and may be subject to working weekends.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application at www.niagararegion.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Director of Crisis and Inpatient Clinical Services
Youthdale Treatment Centres
Manager of Women's Homeless Shelter, YWCA Toronto
Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
Human Service Workers (Various locations in Alber…
Manager, Direct Services