Family Support Worker
The Alzheimer Society of Oxford is currently hiring a:
PERMANENT FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER
This position will involve providing individual support as well as group facilitation and the delivery of education to individuals with Mild Cognitive Impairment, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, care partners, and others involved in the individual’s care. The successful candidate will be an integral member of our programs and services team.
We have a permanent position available, with hours of work ranging between part-time and full-time depending on the successful candidate’s preference. Hours will be negotiated at point of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work preferred; Bachelor’s degree in Gerontology, or a related health sciences degree considered
- Preference given to those who are registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or related college
- Minimum 3 – 5 years client service experience with people living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias and their care partners
- Comprehensive knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
- Training in P.I.E.C.E.S., U-First, and GPA an asset
- Experience with support groups and facilitating group education
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office
- A current valid driver’s license and use of a reliable personal vehicle.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply in writing by August 27, 2018
to the attention of:
Shelley Green, Executive Director
Alzheimer Society of Oxford, 575 Peel St., Woodstock, ON N4S 1K6
Fax (519) 421-3098 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
December 6th Fund Support Worker
Manager, Member Engagement & Outreach
Ontario Association of Social Workers
Shelter Support Worker, Women's Homeless Shelter
Awake Overnight Shelter Support Worker, Women's H…
SOCIAL WORKER / SERVICE PLANNING COORDINATOR
THRIVE Child Development Centre