Full-Time Social Worker / Psychotherapist
Chinese Family Services of Ontario offers linguistically sensitive and culturally responsive counselling and family services to enhance the functioning and the quality of life of individuals and families.
Position Title: Full-Time Social Worker / Psychotherapist
Position Type: Temporary Full-Time, till March 31, 2019, with possibility of extension
Supervised by: Clinical Services Manager
Apply for e-mail: email@example.com
- Provide individual, couple, and family counselling based on evidence-based assessment, consultation, psychoeducation, treatment, crisis intervention, and evaluation tools.
- Provide psychoeducation in group settings.
- Triage clients during telephone intake and in-person for quick access therapy or ongoing counselling.
- Conduct external referrals by matching client needs with available community resources as appropriate.
- Document client interactions, referral correspondences, clinical consultations, assessment, intervention, education, safety planning, outreach, and assessment activities in precise and concise English and in a timely manner, according to college, funder, and accreditation requirements.
- Liaise with referral sources and funder liaison as directed.
- Work in a team to share learning experiences and opportunities with the team.
- Work day and evening shifts in a roster with the rest of the team.
- Support the Clinical Services Manager with external liaison and program development needs.
- Maintain strict confidentiality as outlined in agency privacy and confidentiality policy.
- Other duty/assignment as reasonably assigned by Clinical Services Manager and/or Executive Director.
- University degree at the Masters level or above in a Social Work, Counselling, Psychology, Mental Health or an equivalent field.
- At least 3 years of clinical experience in an institutional setting.
- Knowledge of, sensitivity in, and commitment to serve the Chinese community in Ontario.
- Knowledge of trauma work, couple therapy, brief therapy model, and addictions theory.
- Experience in addictions, domestic violence, male rehab group, mental health, and family service.
- Fluency in Verbal & Written English and Chinese (Mandarin and/or Cantonese). Vietnamese an asset.
- Adaptability to commute to locations in the GTA, York Region and Peel Region.
- Proficiency in MS Office software programs and usage of Internet.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Willingness to work days / evenings, and occasional weekends as required.
- Student mentorship skills an asset.
- Membership in Good Standing of a relevant governing body.
- Clearance from a Vulnerable Sector Police Screening.
More search results
Director of Crisis and Inpatient Clinical Services
Youthdale Treatment Centres
Manager of Women's Homeless Shelter, YWCA Toronto
Resident and Family Support Worker
Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
Human Service Workers (Various locations in Alber…