Chinese Family Services of Ontario offers linguistically sensitive and culturally responsive counselling and family services to enhance the functioning and the quality of life of individuals and families.
Position Title: Full-Time Social Worker / Psychotherapist
Position Type: Temporary Full-Time, till March 31, 2019, with possibility of extension
Supervised by: Clinical Services Manager
Apply for e-mail: email@example.com
- Provide individual, couple, and family counselling based on evidence-based assessment, consultation, psychoeducation, treatment, crisis intervention, and evaluation tools.
- Provide psychoeducation in group settings.
- Triage clients during telephone intake and in-person for quick access therapy or ongoing counselling.
- Conduct external referrals by matching client needs with available community resources as appropriate.
- Document client interactions, referral correspondences, clinical consultations, assessment, intervention, education, safety planning, outreach, and assessment activities in precise and concise English and in a timely manner, according to college, funder, and accreditation requirements.
- Liaise with referral sources and funder liaison as directed.
- Work in a team to share learning experiences and opportunities with the team.
- Work day and evening shifts in a roster with the rest of the team.
- Support the Clinical Services Manager with external liaison and program development needs.
- Maintain strict confidentiality as outlined in agency privacy and confidentiality policy.
- Other duty/assignment as reasonably assigned by Clinical Services Manager and/or Executive Director.
- University degree at the Masters level or above in a Social Work, Counselling, Psychology, Mental Health or an equivalent field.
- At least 3 years of clinical experience in an institutional setting.
- Knowledge of, sensitivity in, and commitment to serve the Chinese community in Ontario.
- Knowledge of trauma work, couple therapy, brief therapy model, and addictions theory.
- Experience in addictions, domestic violence, male rehab group, mental health, and family service.
- Fluency in Verbal & Written English and Chinese (Mandarin and/or Cantonese). Vietnamese an asset.
- Adaptability to commute to locations in the GTA, York Region and Peel Region.
- Proficiency in MS Office software programs and usage of Internet.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Willingness to work days / evenings, and occasional weekends as required.
- Student mentorship skills an asset.
- Membership in Good Standing of a relevant governing body.
- Clearance from a Vulnerable Sector Police Screening.