City Lima, Peru
Start Date Aug - Oct 2018 (flexible)
Length of Placement 12 Months
Language Requirements Spanish
Please submit a Spanish Cover Letter and Statement of Interest
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
We’re looking for a talented and passionate social communicator!
As a volunteer, you’ll be working with DEMUS –one of Peru’s most prominent feminist NGOs– to provide technical assistance in the implementation of campaigns to promote a life free from violence and sexual autonomy of women: "Déjala decidir" (Let her decide), 2074 y más (2074 and more), and especially "Un hombre no viola" (A Man Does Not Rape) which aims at achieving zero-tolerance to sexual violence.
This volunteer placement will be located out of DEMUS's office in Lima, Peru’s bustling and diverse capital, where you will work with a dedicated and talented team of feminist lawyers, sociologists and psychologists! It’s a great small-team environment, with plenty of opportunity to lead and learn.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Support the implementation of the campaigns, including augmenting initiatives in regions where Cuso International works: Lima, Cusco, and Tarapoto.
- Support the elaboration of internal and external communicational materials for DEMUS campaigns, especially the campaign "Un hombre no viola."
- Social media management support.
- Support the on-going analysis, monitoring, and evaluation of the campaigns.
- Support the compilation of statistical data on GBV.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, similar discipline or equivalent experience.
- Courses, workshops and/or seminars on gender approach
Essential Professional Background:
- Experience in developing and implementing communications, marketing, and/or branding strategies
- Strong writing, editing, and communications skills; experience in developing print and digital communications materials (e.g. press notes, manifests)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, in order to communicate with stakeholders of different cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Sound working knowledge of digital and social media
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
More search results
Full-Time Social Worker / Psychotherapist
Chinese Family Services of Ontario
Catholic Children’s Aid Society of Toronto (CCAS)
PSSP POSTING #13 - PERMANENT POSITION 1.00 F.T.E.…
Limestone District School Board
Counsellor / Therapist
University of Guelph
Mental Health Lead
York Region District School Board