Supervisor, Community Mental Health Treatment Services
Craigwood Children, Youth & Family Services is seeking exceptional clinical leadership to help us meet our goals in service to the mental health needs of children, youth and families in the London /Middlesex region. We are a fully accredited not-for-profit children's mental health centre providing a full spectrum of innovative treatment and counselling programs.
As a member of our management team and reporting to the Director of Services, the incumbent will lead our Community programs including Individual, family and group Counselling and Psychotherapy, Intensive Family Home-based Service, Day Treatment, after school Respite and our Crisis/Intake service (with two partner agencies). You have demonstrated skills in child and adolescent mental health treatment, individual, family and group counselling, evidence-informed practices, staff supervision, legislative compliance and client responsive service. You will be responsible for overseeing clinical assessments and interventions, providing clinical supervision for our Master’s level Social Work and Child and Youth counsellors, inspiring program staff in implementing evidence informed practices, continuous quality improvement and meeting regulatory, contractual, performance, and accreditation standards.
- A Masters’ Degree in Social Work or other relevant disciplines*
- 3-5 years’ clinical experience, preferred in the Children’s Mental Health sector*
- 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role*
*a suitable combination of education, training and experience will be considered
- Current member in good standing with applicable regulatory body
- Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership, clinical, organization, oral and written communication skills, and computer literacy with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience and knowledge of: solution-focused and brief counseling and psychotherapy, family preservation, Multi-Systemic Therapy, cognitive-behavioral treatment and individual, family and group modalities
- Experience in a unionized setting
The position involves some early evening work and participation in the agency on-call rotation. A comprehensive job description is available upon request. London is a designated area in Ontario under the French Language Services Act; bilingual candidates are encouraged to consider this opportunity.
Craigwood offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are invited to submit their application including a complete resume and references in confidence by Friday April 6, 2018 to:
Teresa Pinches, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.