Community Mobilization Advisor - Volunteer in Peru
Location Lima, Peru
Start Date Apr - Jun 2018 (flexible)
Length of Placement 6 Months
Language Requirements Spanish
Spanish Reading: Level 4, Writing: Level 4, Speaking: Level 4
Language Scale: http://www.cusointernational.org/languageratingscale
Please submit a Spanish Cover Letter and Statement of Interest
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
We are looking for someone passionate about mobilizing and engaging communities to prevent gender-based violence!
As a volunteer, you’ll be working with the Legal Defense Institute (IDL) –one of Peru’s most prominent human rights organizations– to support communities in developing and implementing gender-based violence prevention strategies that affect positive and lasting change in individuals, as well as in the community and society. The cultivation of community leadership is key to enhancing the long-term sustainability of gender-based violence prevention efforts – and we hope that you can be a part of these efforts!
This volunteer placement will be located out ofIDL’s office in Lima, Peru’s bustling and diverse capital, where you will work with a dedicated and talented team of lawyers, political analysts, journalists, sociologists and more! It’s a great small-team environment, with plenty of opportunity to lead and learn.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Build the capacity of IDL staff to understand gender-based violence issues, provide advice, and support gender mainstreaming in programs.
- Provide awareness-raising training to police officers, community leaders and neighborhood watch groups.
- Support the development of training tools and resources.
- Support the organization of events and community outreach campaigns.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
Degree in communications, political science, social sciences, social work, psychology, law, gender studies, development studies, other related fields or equivalent experience.
Essential Professional Background:
- Experience and understanding of gender/gender-based violence issues
- Training skills
- Strong presentation, organizational and communication skills
- Experience in facilitating collaboration among various types of stakeholders
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
More search results
Full-Time Social Worker / Psychotherapist
Chinese Family Services of Ontario
Catholic Children’s Aid Society of Toronto (CCAS)
PSSP POSTING #13 - PERMANENT POSITION 1.00 F.T.E.…
Limestone District School Board
Counsellor / Therapist
University of Guelph
Mental Health Lead
York Region District School Board