Social Worker II, Social Work
Temporary Full-Time Position; Rotating Shifts
Location: Kingston General Hospital Site & Renal Satellite Sites (incl Belleville, Picton, Bancroft, Perth & Smith Falls)
*Travel is required for this position.
Under the direction of the Professional Practice Leader, and in consultation with the Program Manager, the Social Worker is responsible for activities and intervention pertaining to patient care planning and delivery. Accountability is established through ongoing supervision and consultation, clinical recording, audit and performance appraisals. The Social Worker will adhere to worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies, and dept/unit established procedures at all times. Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston Health Sciences Centre strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Masters Degree in Social Work required.
- Eligible for membership in the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- A minimum of two years health related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated assessment and therapy skills with expertise in individual, couple, family and group work required.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and community resources as well as an understanding of the discharge planning process required.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Teaching experience within academic and/or clinical settings preferred.
- Superior communication skills required, oral and written.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The applicant must meet the physical demands of the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Full-Time Social Worker / Psychotherapist
Chinese Family Services of Ontario
Catholic Children’s Aid Society of Toronto (CCAS)
PSSP POSTING #13 - PERMANENT POSITION 1.00 F.T.E.…
Limestone District School Board
Counsellor / Therapist
University of Guelph
Mental Health Lead
York Region District School Board