A rewarding career awaits you at the Ministry of Education, Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch. Currently, we are looking for a Social Worker to support the W. Ross Macdonald School for the Blind in Brantford. As part of a multi-disciplinary educational and mental health team, in a school and residential setting, you will provide social worker services and case management to students and their families, conducting assessments, counselling and group work. Our schools provide a safe place where students, families and staff find support to learn, grow, discover and, ultimately, `Believe in Themselves’.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of students who are blind, deaf-blind and visually impaired? Do you have a social work background and experience working with students who are blind, deaf-blind and visually impaired? If your background also includes strong counselling and case management skills, this unique all-encompassing opportunity may be of interest to you.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Work with students who are blind, deaf-blind and visually impaired;
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary educational and mental health team;
- Provide social worker and case management services to students and their families, including conducting assessments, counselling and group work.
How do I qualify?
• Knowledge of theories/practices of professional social work normally acquired through completion of a clinical Master’s degree in Social Work;
• Current registration as a social worker with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
Skills and Qualifications:
Your background and experience enable you to meet the following requirements:
• Successful experience working with students who are blind, deaf-blind and visually impaired, and their families;
• Thorough knowledge of child development, social and environmental influences, cultural diversity, family systems and age-appropriate change strategies;
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Demonstrated counselling and case management skills.
Salary range: $1,160.57 - $1,473.58 per week
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 18 months, 350 Brant Ave, Brantford, West Region, Enhanced - Vulnerable Services Sector Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in one document (not exceeding five pages), clearly identifying competition number PDSB18-03 (Job ID 118168), by no later than 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, January 25, 2018, to: PSBjobs@ontario.ca. Late applications will not be accepted.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at PSBjobs@ontario.ca to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
More search results
Full-Time Social Worker / Psychotherapist
Chinese Family Services of Ontario
Catholic Children’s Aid Society of Toronto (CCAS)
PSSP POSTING #13 - PERMANENT POSITION 1.00 F.T.E.…
Limestone District School Board
Counsellor / Therapist
University of Guelph
Mental Health Lead
York Region District School Board