Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your strong analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills? Here is your chance to demonstrate your expertise in the efficient and effective management of governmental and non-governmental organizations funded by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services and Ministry of Community and Social Services.
If you have expertise with transfer payment agencies in the planning, management, governance and service delivery of social programs. Consider this exciting opportunity within the Ontario Public Service (OPS).
Note: position(s) being recruited for will be spread out over 3 business units.
Ministry of Children and Youth Services, Youth Justice Services Division
Ministry of Children and Youth Services, Service Delivery Division
Ministry of Community and Social Services, Operation Division
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Provide ministry policy and program direction to service providers.
• Analyze service plan submissions, negotiate annual service contracts, and evaluate agency performance.
• Analyze population needs, program targets, and access to local services.
• Develop action plans to meet strategic and operational requirements.
• Advise senior management on complex and sensitive issues.
• Lead initiatives to implement government priorities and strategic directions.
How do I qualify?
Analytical, Evaluative and Problem-Solving Skills
• You have analytical skills to assess the impacts of agency decisions, identify and resolve service gaps, conduct impact analysis to determine risks, and recommend funding allocations.
• You have evaluative skills to review a range of information, evaluate service delivery capacity, and develop short- and long-term plans.
• You have problem-solving skills to develop creative solutions to resolve funding, compliance and service issues with agencies.
Communication Skills and Stakeholder Relations
• You have communications skills to prepare briefing notes, correspondence, and presentations for senior staff and Minister's office.
• You have consultation skills to deal with critical incidents, resolve compliance issues, and resolve conflict between service providers and clients.
• You have negotiation skills to reach agreement on annual service contracts with transfer payment agencies for funding, service targets/outcomes, service descriptions and accountabilities.
• You have interpersonal and influencing skills to work with agencies, municipalities and other community stakeholders to provide information on legislative and program requirements.
Program Delivery Knowledge
• You have knowledge of public administration, organizational theory and practices, community development, social service delivery, and programs for clients served by transfer payment agencies.
• You have knowledge of social service practices, including case management, behaviour management, individual program planning, and issues related to the client groups served.
• You are able to interpret and apply relevant legislation, policies and programs.
Project Management Skills
• You have project management skills to implement initiatives, review and evaluate proposals, service plans and monitor project deliverables.
• You are proficient with computer applications for word processing, graphics and spreadsheets.
Salary Range: $75,924 - $110,352 per year
- 2 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 375 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region, Enhanced - Vulnerable Services Sector Screening Requirement
- 1 Permanent, 375 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region, Enhanced - Vulnerable Services Sector Screening Requirement
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 6 months, 375 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region, Enhanced - Vulnerable Services Sector Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, May 30, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 122457 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.