This is an excellent opportunity to join the Casey House team as we have now opened our new state-of-the-art facility. Casey House’s new facility supports our overall goal of establishing a centre of excellence in HIV/AIDS clinical care, education and research that addresses the unmet health needs of people living with HIV/AIDS.
We are currently seeking an experienced clinical leader to join and lead our community-focused team of inter-professional clinicians in a hospital, values-based organization. If you have a passion and interest in supporting people with complex medical and psycho-social needs, have an interest in health equity, mental health and harm reduction, and enjoy leading in an inter-professional environment, consider this opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our clients
This position provides an exciting opportunity to lead an inter-professional team in developing and supporting a range of community-focused initiatives, such as our day health program, community care, LHIN, and outreach. Working in collaboration with the clinical leadership/management team, this position is accountable for ensuring operational and clinical excellence while facilitating the provision of care that contributes to a high quality client experience for the day health and community programs within the overall hospital environment. The clinical manager will be responsible for ensuring the goals of the day health program are achieved by the team and will also facilitate the development of a high performing team so that they may deliver excellent, safe, high quality care to clients.
- Leadership and accountability at unit/team level for high quality and safe client care.
- Lead and inspire a positive and productive interprofessional team
- Promote best practices and evidence based care through the implementation of initiatives that are aligned with Casey House’s strategic direction.
- Manage the physical, financial and human resources of the unit/team while supporting the mission, vision, values and strategic direction of Casey House.
- Ensure clinical and regulatory compliance of the team by supporting inter- professional practice improvement.
- Build relationships with peers across the organization to create opportunities for synergy/integration.
- Build strategic partnerships/alliances with contacts externally to support programs and services across the health care continuum
- Maintain compliance with required health & safety, environmental and other legislative requirements
- Maintain compliance with submission requirements associated with Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and Central Local Health Integration funded programs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant undergraduate clinical degree, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in relevant field preferred
- 3 to 5 years’ clinical management or leadership experience leading an inter- professional team required.
- Experience managing and leading teams through the growth, development and transition resulting from organizational change
- Knowledge of team dynamics with experience creating, leading and supporting high performing teams
- Demonstrated experience working in a clinical setting which provides best practice for the care and treatment of clients with complex medical and co-morbid conditions with associated mental health and substance use issues
- Demonstrated experience working with marginalized clients in hospital and/or community based settings, HIV/AIDS experience preferred
- Demonstrated capacity to work within a hospital and/or day health program; balancing medical/legal considerations with community based service delivery
- Demonstrated experience in working within a harm reduction and anti-oppression framework preferred
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships with HIV/AIDS member organizations and broader community and health care partners
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong people leadership skills including influencing; coaching; conflict resolution, managing change
At Casey House, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those living with HIV/AIDS. Casey House is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your cover letter, together with an updated resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application for clinical manager.