CHILD & FAMILY COMMUNITY COUNSELLING SERVICES
FULL TIME – PERMANENT
The Etobicoke Children’s Centre provides mental health and autism services in West Toronto. The ECC’s mental health services are available for children, youth and young adults from 0-24 and their families.
The ECC is seeking a Clinical Supervisor for our Child, Youth and Family Mental Health Counselling Services. The successful person supervises and leads a team of clinical staff who provide a continuum of brief and intensive assessment and treatment services and provide service coordination; has strong skills in developing and maintaining strong client, staff and community partnerships; and is strength based, respectful, inclusive and demonstrates and expects ethical behavior and accountability. Through West End Services for Abuse and Trauma (WESAT), the successful candidate provides leadership for the brokerage and coordination of assessment and treatment services for children and adults affected by trauma. The Clinical Supervisor is a contributing member to the Centre’s Leadership and Management Team which operationalizes and evaluates progress of the Centre’s strategic directions. This position is responsible for monitoring and improving the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of service and contributing to innovation. This position reports to the Director of Mental Health Services.
- Clinical and administrative supervision of staff;
- Supporting the Centralized Priority Access mechanism and Intake functions;
- Chairing meetings which may include clients, staff and other professionals;
- Completing of probationary and annual performance evaluations, and participating in the recruitment and termination of staff as needed;
- Monitoring and evaluating clinical practices and performance through quality review processes, monitoring of targets, and compliance with Accreditation standards;
- Participating in Centre, program and community committees;
- Collaborating and engaging with other CYMH agencies, Education, Child Welfare, Health, and other Service provider partners.
- A Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or related graduate level of education
- Professional registration with the relevant college;
- A minimum of five years as a mental health clinician;
- A minimum of two years’ experience supervising clinical staff/students;
- Professional development in supervision and leadership;
- A strong background in systems approaches and assessment and evidence informed mental health treatment (e.g., Family Therapy, Brief Therapy, Trauma informed practises, CBT, Collaborative Problem Solving, Attachment);
- Knowledge and competency with diversity and equity principles and cultural, environmental and systemic barriers;
- Excellent organizational, leadership, talent management, and team building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Excellent computer and word processing skills;
- A valid driver's license with ability to travel between locations. Available to work approximately 2 evenings.
The successful candidate must have a current satisfactory Police check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a resume by March 24, 2018 to:
The Etobicoke Children’s Centre,
65 Hartsdale Drive, Etobicoke, M9R 2S8
Fax:(416) 240 - 7999
The ECC is an employment equity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply.
Accommodations are made available for candidates with disabilities during our recruitment process.
Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.