||Social Worker 2
||North Shore Mental Health and Substance Use - Stepping Stones Concurrent Disorders Service – Outreach
||Regular Full Time
||As soon as possible
||$33.61 - $41.94 per hour
||0830 - 1630
In accordance with the Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) Strategic Framework and True North Goal’s vision, the Social Worker works to address client and family centred care needs supported by an integrated health service team and delivery model. Practices in accordance with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
The Social Worker:
- Practices respectively and within VCH policies, guidelines, and clinical practice documents.
- Works collaboratively to coordinate a plan of care across multiple sites, clinics, and services within an integrated health service delivery model and interdisciplinary care team that includes primary care; mental health and substance use; private General Practitioner (GP) partners; and other Community Care Services.
- Cares for clients and families who are experiencing health challenges such as, but not limited to, end of life, chronic disease, mental health and substance use and are adversely affected by the social determinants of health to coordinate a plan of care and support transitions between services.
- Uses health management and/or self-care management principles to identify problems, address issues or variances from the plan of care in collaboration with the entire interdisciplinary team and any other health care services involved.
- Provides direct care activities such as psycho-social assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care as part of the Integrated Care Team and collaboratively with other Community Care Services.
- Establishes, maintains and enhances therapeutic relationships based on respect.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience providing care through a holistic mental health, substance use and primary care lens.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Valid BC Drivers License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with a variety of situations and responsibilities requiring initiative, creativity and professional judgment.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of a client and family centered recovery model in mental illness.
- Knowledge and skills to provide care coordination to a select caseload of clients.
- Ability to assess clients at risk and knowledge of appropriate acts; e.g. Mental Health Act, Adult Guardianship, Public Health Act as it relates to the rights and obligations of clients and staff.
- Knowledge and experience in providing culturally safe and competent care, specifically pertaining to Aboriginal people.
- Knowledge and experience in Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented
- Broad knowledge of crisis intervention and supportive counseling skills.
- Broad knowledge of mental health illness and treatment.
- Broad knowledge of substance abuse and addictions treatment.
- Broad knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct mental status exams and suicide risk assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to provide care planning, supportive counseling, crisis intervention, and case coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their
- families, colleagues, physicians, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups. Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a cooperative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust schedule to deal with unexpected situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, Internet and email software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.