Are you a great leader? If so, bring your leadership and management skills to the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) management team, within the Ministry of Community and Social Services, to plan, implement and deliver an effective and comprehensive social assistance program for people with disabilities and their families.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Ensure program integrity and client-oriented service by participating in the development and implementation of service delivery models, program standards, and business processes and procedures.
• Develop, manage and maintain effective linkages with community organizations and municipal partners to promote and market the community-based ODSP program.
• Provide leadership and supervision to staff within a unionized environment.
Locations: North York, Scarborough, Toronto
How do I qualify?
Leadership and Change Management Skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to develop and empower staff, as well as hold others accountable.
• Strong administrative, management and change management skills to manage teams, provide directions to achieve operational goals, and implement delivery changes and initiatives.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in existing government and/or non-government services for social assistance recipients and people with disabilities.
• Knowledge of human resources management, labour relations and dispute resolution processes.
Communication, Negotiation, and Analytical Skills
• Excellent negotiation, consultation, communication and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with various groups/stakeholders, government organizations and agencies.
• Excellent judgment, decision-making and analytical skills to review, analyze, make recommendations and resolve issues.
Salary Range: $75,444 - $97,373 per year
- 1 Permanent, 5639 Finch Avenue East, Scarborough, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possibility of extension), 340 Dufferin Street, Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possibility of extension), 47 Sheppard Ave E, North York, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possibility of extension), 786 Lawrence Avenue West, North York, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possibility of extension), 1870 Wilson Ave, North York, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possibility of extension), 375 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, by Friday, October 6, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 112176 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.