Administrative Secretary - Community Services
You are a bilingual self-starter, a collaborative team-builder, and confident in your capabilities to provide proactive client service and administrative support. If this sounds like you, then consider this exciting opportunity where you will play a key role in providing administrative services to the Ministry of Community and Social Services.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Provide a variety of administrative, secretarial and clerical services such as processing incoming and outgoing mail.
• Respond to internal and external inquiries, compose and prepare correspondence.
• Produce a variety of materials such as reports, spreadsheets, minutes and presentations.
• Process service contracts and amendments from transfer payment agencies.
• Develop and maintain filing and bring forward systems.
• Participate in special projects and committees.
How do I qualify?
• Proficiency in English and French at an advanced level (oral and written).
Administrative Knowledge and Organizational Skills
• You have knowledge and skills in administrative, secretarial and clerical office processes and procedures.
• You can manage filing systems.
• You can multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines and provide quality service in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills
• You can provide accurate and timely responses to a variety of contacts based on your knowledge of programs, procedures and legislation.
• You can apply knowledge of policies, programs and services and financial reporting guidelines to identify and resolve discrepancies and to handle incoming service/information requests.
Written Communication Skills
• You have typing skills and can prepare routine correspondence using accurate grammar, spelling, punctuation and formatting.
• You can apply knowledge of policies, acts, regulations, functions and procedures for programs related to Adult Developmental/Community Services, Children's Services, Municipal Services, Crown Wards, Violence Against Women Services, Special Services at Home and Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities.
Salary Range: $23.10 - $26.86 per hour
- 2 Bilingual Permanent, 347 Preston Street, Ottawa, East Region, General Screening Requirement
- This ad is also available in French.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, by Friday, September 22, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 111113 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.