Better Living Health and Community Services is a not-for-profit organization that has been delivering services in the Don Mills area since 1983. Essential services such as Home Care, Adult Day Program, Meal Delivery, Case Management for community clients and Hospice clients and Transportation provide assistance to seniors and disabled adults wishing to live independently at home and allow respite for people in a care giving role.
The successful candidate will assess client/caregiver needs and determine their eligibility for services. Conducts assessments as required and develops care plans based on the client/caregiver needs and preferences. Provides Case Management to support clients on an ongoing basis.
The successful candidate for this position must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of a Bachelor of Social Work Degree (BSW) from an accredited School of Social Work or Diploma in Social Services or a related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Current membership with OASW and OCCSWSSW, or eligibility to become a member required
- A Minimum of 3 years of social work practices with proven experience in community practice.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle is required.
- Proof of strong skills of social work practice in a community care environment preferably with experience in working with older adults and their families, adults with disabilities;
- Client-centered, be able to effectively work with diversity and respect with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics of individuals under care;
- Demonstration of good understanding and counselling skills for hospice and bereavement services;
- Proof of good knowledge of social work values e.g. anti-oppression and code of ethic and competency in applying theories in daily practices as well as evaluating the outcome of intervention;
- Good knowledge and application of assessment tools, such as interRAI CHA and Resource Matching and Referral (RM &R);
- Demonstration of excellent knowledge of the Substitute Decision Act, advance directives planning, and the associated problems of aging;
- Excellent professional judgement and strong analytical, problem solving, advocacy and negotiation skills;
- Ability to establish accountable and professional relationships with clients and multidisciplinary teams within the organization and with external stakeholders;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The successful candidate(s) for this position must be able to:
- Provides in-home RAI CHA assessment and direct social work services in accordance with social work clinical practice protocols/standards to clients and their families, as well as develop and facilitate appropriate care plans and interventions;
- Using the organization Case Management Model to assess the needs, to monitor the situation and to review intervention goals with the clients regularly as per Better Living Health and Community Services’ standards;
- Liaises with families, clients and other community agencies to enrich the resources and communications for staff and clients;
- Represents the agency at outreach functions;
- Provides professional support and education and to other team members in their work with clients and their families;
- Develops and maintains accurate documentation as per Better Living Health and Community Services’ standards, such as CIMS and relevant regulatory bodies’ standards;
- Supervise placement students and volunteers if required
SALARY: $44,554 - $49,722 per annum, commensurate with experience.
Please quote “Case Manager” on the cover letter and e-mail subject line.
We welcome all resumes however only those granted an interview will be contacted. Thank you.