We are currently seeking a: Supervisor, Child & Family Support Program (Permanent Full-time)
To provide case management, service coordination and supervisory functions in the Child & Family Program across the City of Toronto. To conduct home visit assessment for all families admitted to the program. This includes developing service and discharge plans; conduct in home safety assessments, and monitor field staff performance and, link families to community resources.
To conduct intake assessment and process requests for service from potential families and referral sources. This includes telephone screening to determine program eligibility including a financial assessment and/or on-site service assessment, develop service plans and assist with goal setting and provide information and referral. You will schedule and supervise a team of Child & Family Support Workers, Volunteers and Students. This will include supervising and managing performances, conduct annual performance appraisals, hold quarterly team meetings, and monitoring staffing to ensure adequate staff levels. In addition, provide training and education to enhance and increase the staff competencies in working with families from diverse backgrounds. You will participate in VHA services and quality initiatives. All activities are conducted within the policies, procedures and standards of confidentiality of VHA.
Key Skills, Experience and Behaviours Required for this Position:
- Degree in Social Work with minimum 3 years working experience with children and families.
- Experience in service planning and coordination.
- Experience in supervision and performance management of staff.
- Experience with program development and evaluation.
- Strong communication and advocacy skills.
- Experience in developing, training and education programs to Child & Family Support Workers (CFSW).
- Excellent intake assessment, formulation and case planning skills.
- Demonstrated strength in family and individual work and case management.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and psychosocial assessment tools.
- Demonstrated ability to assess family needs and formulate service care plans.
- Working knowledge of Family Mental Health
- Excellent problem solving skills, solution-focus approach and crisis intervention.
- Skilled in service outreach and development.
- Knowledge of community social and health services and established contacts with other agencies.
- Knowledge and experience with practical application of employment and health & safety legislation.
- Knowledge of the City, TTC routes, and the various components of the Agency preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Advanced computer skills in word processing and data entry.
- Demonstrate efforts to continuously develop and upgrade skills.
- A valid Ontario Driver's licence and access to a vehicle is required.
VHA Home HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VHA is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment.
If you required an accommodation, let us know in advance.
Accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada
An RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization designated and;
A founding member agency of United Way Toronto