Lennox and Addington County General Hospital
S.E.I.U Local 1 Canada – Paramedical
Patient Flow Coordinator/Social Worker – Temporary Full-time Vacancy
Area of Assignment:
Basic Function and Scope:
The Patient Flow Coordinator is accountable for the planning, implementation, coordination and facilitation of timely patient flow in order to maximize patient throughput ensuring that the patient is in the right place at the right time. The Patient Flow Coordinator participates in Emergency Room (ER) diversion strategies and facilitates patient movement while the patient is in the organization or visiting another site for medical and/or diagnostic assessment. This role acts as a facilitator to patients who require coordination and navigation to support repatriation and/or safe and timely discharge. The Patient Care Coordinator assists the organization to achieve outcomes consistent with best practice and meets LHIN targets for flow outcomes.
Hours of Work:
Monday - Fridays
Will be in accordance with the Wage Scale of the S.E.I.U. Local 1 Canada, Paramedical Unit Collective Agreement, classification of Social Worker.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Social Work from an accredited university by the Canadian Association of Social Work Education (CASWE);
- Other Health Science disciplines with experience in patient flow will be considered;
- Capacity Assessor approved by the Attorney General’s Office is preferred.
- Registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers;
- Ontario Association of Social Workers is preferred.
- A minimum of two years experience in patient flow is preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills with sensitivity to needs of multicultural clientele;
- Demonstrated comprehensive assessment skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to function as part of an interdisciplinary team;
- Must have previous proven good performance and attendance record;
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
The Lennox and Addington County General Hospital is an equal opportunity employer providing a barrier free workplace supported by the Hospital’s Accessibility Plan. Persons with disabilities may request accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
The Lennox and Addington County General Hospital is a smoke free organization.
If you are interested and possess the qualifications listed above you are invited to apply in writing to Trina Kelly, Human Resources.
Human Resources, Lennox and Addington County General Hospital,
Attn: Trina Kelly, 8 Richmond Park Drive, Napanee, ON K7R 2Z4
Phone: 613-354-3301 ext. 221
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted