As an integral member of the Peninsula FHT, the successful candidate will complement our primary care team through the delivery of specific programs, group and individualized counseling. The Social Worker will work with the physicians and other allied health care providers of our team, and function collaboratively with patients, community and social service agencies and external health care providers within the SWLHIN boundaries.
The Peninsula FHT is committed to having our Social Worker work to his/her full scope of practice. We are looking for an energetic self-starter who is able to work with an equally dedicated group who are focused on enhancing patients’ access to quality primary care in our community.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters Degree in Social Work
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Social Workers
- Membership in the Ontario Association of Social Workers
- 3 to 5 years counseling and therapy experience, preferably in a community or clinic setting
- Proficiencies in assessment, psychotherapy and psychological counseling techniques for working with individuals, couples and families.
- Previous experience working in a Family Health Team, primary care clinic or community setting
- Superior leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong clinical skills; demonstrated ability to utilize best practices for mental health treatment. Experience using cognitive behavioural therapy a definite asset
- Strong knowledge of community resources in mental health
- Teaching and experience facilitating groups an asset
- Strong attention to detail and maintaining patient confidentiality and privacy
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an integrated care team
- Flexibility, the ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple demands
- Demonstrated experience working with youth and seniors a definite asset
- Valid Drivers License, access to a vehicle
- Ability to work from both PFHT clinic sites and in community as required
- Demonstrated ability to develop, expand and strengthen community partnerships
- Computer literacy: EMR (OSCAR), Microsoft Office, and Internet
- Ability to work in a manner that is in compliance with staff and patient safety practices, policies and procedures
- Qualified candidates should forward a resume and cover letter expressing their interest in this role to the attention of Pamela Loughlean, Executive Director via email email@example.com no later than July 21, 2017
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.